Fit for a King Educational Classes for Teens
Class Description: “Fit for a King” is a Christian based health and fitness program designed to teach students how to make healthy food choices, exercise properly, and learn what the Bible says about nutrition.
Class Content: In each class period we will be doing fitness workouts, nutrition lessons, scripture memory, and Bible lessons that apply to glorifying God through our bodies as the temple of the Holy Spirit.
Theme verse: I Corinthians 6:19-20 “ Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, whom you have from God and that you are not your own, for you have been bought with a price, therefore glorify God in your body. "
As Christians, our bodies house the Holy Spirit that lives within us. We are called to take care of our bodies so that our brains and body can function at its best so that we can have the energy and positive outlook to share Christ with others.
What you will be learning:
* Goal setting & log keeping * Bible lessons from Moses, Daniel, Eve and others
* How to read food labels * How to create healthy menus and adjust recipes
* How to design a workout * Fun ways to workout anywhere
* The importance of water * Functions of vitamins and minerals
* What is a calorie? * Good fats versus unhealthy fats
* What is gluten? * Cardiovascular versus weight training exercises
* The Food Groupings * Fitness games and challenges & Names of Muscles
To Register for this class through University School of Colorado Springs. Contact the school here:
Currently classes are running January 14th to May 23th, 2016 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm Tuesday,
Wednesdays and Thursdays.
To contact us about providing this opportunity in your church, school, or other setting click here: